We are not living in easy times right now. Every single time you turn on the news, you hear news about interest rates going up, and the cost of living going up. You can buy bitcoin with debit card but wages are stagnating and nobody is doing anything about them. It’s no longer possible for most families to live on one income, and it’s also not possible to always live on that income even if you have been for so many years. Most people are looking into ways that they can expand their earnings, and if one parent can’t go back to work, a second job is on the cards for the one that’s already out there.
It could be a depressing and daunting realization to know that no matter what you do, you’re going to have to bump your income in some way or another to survive. Not everybody feels comfortable with getting help from the government, and not everybody is eligible for it, either. You need to make sure that you can generate more streams of income, whether that be a way to earn interest on a crypto savings account, or saving money on your mortgage and then putting that surplus income into another savings account. Generating multiple streams of income can have a big impact on your finances in a positive way. Even an extra $500 a month to go a long way to paying down some debt or increasing your investment. In this article, we are going to give you 10 ways that you can earn a second income and bump your current earnings.
- Paid surveys. These do not generate masses of income for you, but the more surveys you do the more you start to earn. Even if you’re only earning pennies at a time, taking paid surveys gives you something you can do with active income from the comfort of your own home. You need to figure out which paid surveys pay the best and two of the most popular are Swagbucks and MyPoints. It’s not just taking surveys on these websites because you can also add money by watching videos and even surfing the net. Some sites offer cashback opportunities from your shopping, which can bring down the cost of your shopping over time. Paid surveys may not be your first choice, but it’s a good place to start if you’ve never had a second income before.
- Start an online store. EBay is one of the most popular online marketplaces, and it’s now easier than ever to run your own online eBay store. You can go to charity shops and garage sales to acquire products for resale on eBay at a different value. You can also market products that others are already selling on eBay and share in the commissions. Many people who start their own eBay stores make a good income from home, so what if one of you is not working outside the home this would be a good option for them to get some independence and a little more income.
- Start a business online. Making money online means very little investment at the start. You can do this around your schedule at home, and you can take your time with it. Whether you build a blog to monetise, start using social media and paid advertising to add other income, or you have a whole business idea that you’d like to get started yourself, you have some way of earning money. So if you have an Internet connection you’re golden.
- Go back to school. A good way to earn a second income, is to go back to school and become certified in something else. You don’t have to ditch the day job to study, because you can study night classes or online from home. If you can bump up your current knowledge and certifications, you’re going to be able to add more money and have an easier life every month.
- Become a realtor. Right now, there is a housing boom and it is a sellers market. As prices are going up, more realtors entering the market can help the shift as houses and you can get commission. Your only investment is to obtain your real estate license. Once you have that, you have the potential to make a massive income especially when commissions are concerned. You can choose to do this part time around your current job or you can balance two part time jobs, eventually making Real Estate your only job.
- Learn web design. With every company out there moving to an online space, we need more web designers to be able to showcase what companies can do. Website design has become a growing industry, and if you don’t know how to do it already you need to spend some time learning the technology. There are a lot of free online resources available, but the best in the business can earn a great income. If you can learn how to build a website you’re going to be invaluable.
- Become a virtual assistant. If you are time poor but in desperate need of a second income, being a virtual assistant allows you to do other jobs for other people. You don’t need to be physically there which is going to save you money on your commute. There are plenty of places you can get started and it’s one of the best ways to have a little cash.
- Learn to write. If you have a knack for writing, every single company needs a good writer to help them with their website copy and their blogs. You can earn a second income simply by firing off a few articles a month and the better you are at it the more money you can add.
- Start a business. Did you know that you can use your voice as a voice over? You can start a business from the comfort of your own home and you won’t have any surrounding costs. One of the best benefits of running a home business is that you do not have a massive initial investment.
- Sell something. Can you knit? Can you bake? Can you stitch? If you have a hobby, you can monetize it and sell it on. This allows you to sell products from the comfort of your own home. Incoming – that second income!