Disclaimer; I received this DVD series for free in exchange for my review and my honest opinion, I have not been compensated in any way.
Laugh- In was my favorite series to watch, they were always so funny with dozens of stars, skits and just good fun. I wish it had stayed on longer, we need good clean shows like Laugh-In. The ‘60s gave us “in-crowds,” “be-ins” and “love-ins,” and starting in 1968, the happening place for free-form comedy was Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, broadcast from beautiful downtown Burbank. Straight man Rowan and wisecracking co-host Martin led a gaggle of goofballs through a rapid-fire assault of one-liners, skits, bits and non sequiturs that left viewers in hysterics and disbelief. To me Goldie Hawn made this show funny, she was always funny.
A group of regulars on Laugh-In–Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Jo Anne Worley, Ruth Buzzi, Arte Johnson, Henry Gibson, Judy Carne, Alan Sues, Chelsea Brown, and Gary Owens, plus frequent guests like Barbara Feldon, Flip Wilson and Don Rickles, left a lasting impression on America. Check out this Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlsQFUtMDvI
Here is what is on the Laugh-In Collection,
- 40 hilarious episodes from all six seasons on 11 DVDs, all available together for the first time ever, and only right here
- Never-before-released Laugh-In episodes, including three Christmas episodes!
- The Pilot Episode which originally aired September 9, 1967
- Three Christmas episodes
- An exclusive bonus DVD including highlights from the Laugh-In 25th Anniversary Cast Reunion, Bloopers, Still Laugh-In: A Tribute to George Schlatter (Laugh-In Executive Producer and Creator), plus interviews with Lily Tomlin, Arte Johnson, and Alan Sues.
- Additional Bonus Features include interviews with Dick Martin, Ruth Buzzi, George Schlatter, and Gary Owens.
- Guest stars include Tim Conway, Bob Newhart, Debbie Reynolds, Liberace, Raquel Welch, Sammy Davis, Jr., Jonathan Winters, Carol Channing, The Monkees, Cher, Barbara Feldon, Bobby Darin, Diana Ross, James Garner, Michael Landon, Steve Lawrence, Flip Wilson, Don Rickles and many more!
- More than 38 hours of hilarious entertainment!
The Best of Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In presents 40 of the series’ best episodes. This 11-DVD set covers all six seasons from 1968 through 1973. All your favorite cast members are here: Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, JoAnne Worley, Arte Johnson, Ruth Buzzi, Henry Gibson, Judy Carne, Gary Owens, and Alan Sues.
Season 1–Episode 1
Original Air Date: January 22, 1968
Guest Stars: Pamela Austin, Barbara Feldon, Flip Wilson, Leo G. Carroll, Lorne Greene, Buddy Hackett, Sheldon Leonard, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Tiny Tim, Ben Wrigley
News of the Past, Present and Future; body graffiti on Judy; Flip as the caveman auctioning off the Kentucky Colonel; and Mod, Mod World of Higher Education.
Season 2–Episode 1
Original Air Date: September 16, 1968
Guest Stars: Barbara Feldon, Hugh Hefner, Richard Nixon, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jack Lemmon, Sonny Tufts, John Wayne
Here Comes the Judge, Fickle Finger of Fate, salute to higher education, and John Wayne visits the Joke Wall.
Season 3–Episode 25
Original Air Date: March 9, 1970
Guest Stars: Milton Berle, Edgar Bergen, Mortimer Snerd, Mickey Rooney, Buddy Hackett, Sivi Aberg, Billy Barnes, Jeanine Barrett, Charlie McCarthy, Arthur Walsh, Jane Connell, Andy Williams, Jill St. John, Jimmy Caesar, Nancy Sinatra
Tyrone F. Horneigh’s bachelor party, Goldie explains time zones, Milton and Mickey encounter, Joke Wall, and Farkle Family adoptions.
Season 4–Episode 2
Original Air Date: September 21, 1970
Guest Stars: Don Rickles, Jilly Rizzo, Lisa Moore, David Frost, Chet Dowling
Return of Ruth’s Friendly Lady; Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice movie runner; Don visits the Cocktail Party; maternity ward runners with Barbara; Ernestine the operator runner; body graffiti; recruiting sergeant runners; Arte’s German weather map; and the Weird, Weird World of Entertainment.
Season 5–Episode 1
Original Air Date: September 13, 1971
Guest Stars: Raquel Welch, Bob Hope, Henny Youngman, Martha Mitchell, Pat Morita, Buffalo Bob Smith, Martin Milner, Kent McCord, Johnny Carson, April Tatro, Howdy Doody, Tamara Tucker
Martha Mitchell’s mystery phone calls, Raquel and Ruth duet, Henny challenges Bob, Gladys Ormphby’s dream, Ernestine calls the White House, return of the Swizzles, honeymoon runners, and the Fickle Finger of Fate.
Season 6–Episode 5
Original Air Date: October 9, 1972
Guest Stars: Michael Landon, Steve Allen, Cass Elliot, Lyle Waggoner
Steve the hillbilly runners; Michael with the stagecoach; the Laugh-In Boom Boom Room; Whoopee Award, Michael visits the Cocktail Party; priest confessional booth; Cass in operating room runners; salute to commercials; Ruth and cast girdle blackout; a look back at the swinging ’60s; and the Silent Majority.
- Laugh-In pilot
- 25th Anniversary Cast Reunion Highlights
- Interviews with Ruth Buzzi, Arte Johnson, Dick Martin, Gary Owens, Alan Sues, Lily Tomlin, and creator and executive producer George Schlatter
- Laugh-In Bloopers
- Still Laugh-In: A Tribute to George Schlatter
Plus, you’ll receive Laugh-In Memories, a Collectible Memory Book filled with jokes, pictures from the show, behind-the-scenes photos, and a note from Laugh-In Producer and Creator, George Schlatter.