Disclaimer; I received these products for free in exchange for my review and my honest opinion, I have not been compensated in any way
Santa Cruz-based startup Steeped, Inc., one of the most promising and innovative companies in the industry, has launched its revolutionary Steeped Coffee brewing method to serious coffee drinkers across the nation. Brewed similar to tea, Steeped Coffee’s nitro sealed Steeped Bags, along with their guilt-free packaging made using renewable and compostable materials, achieve the unthinkable: freshly ground specialty coffee in a single-serving. That’s why it earned the “Best New Product” award for their innovative packaging at the recent Specialty Coffee Expo. And, it’s barista-approved! I have tried several of the Steeped Bags and I love the fact it is a single cup of coffee but steeped in hot water, like a cup of hot tea. I love the flavors that I have had, I recommend this to anyone that loves coffee.
Steeped Coffee launched when serial entrepreneur and coffee lover Josh Wilbur decided to combine the convenience of a single-serving brew method with the premium quality of ethically sourced coffee. Wilbur wanted to redeem the environmental dilemma created by wasteful coffee pods. Happy to do the math, Wilbur points out over 10 billion unrecyclable pods accumulate in landfills each year – enough to wrap around the earth more than 110 times if placed side-by-side. Moreover, each type of pod depends on expensive and often moldy brewing machines, which are also unrecyclable. It took Wilbur seven years to innovate the proprietary Steeped Coffee system that delivers fresh roasted, pre-portioned, precision ground, micro batched coffee in customized Full Immersion Filters. “Premium coffee roasters have shied away from offering their specialty beans in single-serve packaging because it’s been nearly impossible to keep ground coffee fresh, which quickly ruins the taste,” said Wilbur. “With our Nitro Sealed bags, oxygen is replaced with nitrogen, so the coffee stays fresh as if it was ground moments ago.”
Made in America
Operations, specialty coffee roasting, and manufacturing all take place right here in Santa Cruz, California. Quality control, ethics, and happy workers are all ingredients to what gives Steeped Coffee its unique character. Made in the USA.
Steeped Coffe comes in Light Roast, Medium Roast, Dark Roast, French Roast and Decaf, you can start a Subscription , They also have Free Trials, Starter Kits and check their other products too.
Features of Steeped Coffee include:
- 100% Specialty Coffee: quality coffee ethically sourced directly from farmers
- Nitro Sealed: removes oxygen, stopping the clock on freshly ground beans
- Ultrasonic Edges: no glue, staples, or wasted materials for max steeping
- Full Immersion Filter: non-GMO filters that regulate ideal water-in and maximum flavor-out
- Guilt-Free Packaging: made using plant-based renewable and compostable materials
- Micro Batching: roasted locally in small batches
- Precision Ground: consistent water-cooled grinding to the micron
- Pre-Portioned: consistent SCA recommended water-to-coffee ratios
- Just Add Water: single-serve convenience with no machines required
- Barista Approved: tested by multiple independent specialty coffee Q-graders for freshness, quality, and taste
With so many coffee gadgets, machines, and accessories flooding the market these days, this simple unplugged Steeped Coffee brewing method might be just what you’re looking for to take your moment, while at home, at work, or on-the-go.