Disclaimer : I received these products for free in exchange for my review and honest opinion
Tastykake has been in business since 1914, Philip Baur, cofounder of Tasty Baking Company, was born to bake. His father owned the Bauer Brothers Bakery in Pittsburgh, and young Philip eagerly learned the basics of snack making – great taste, good value, and most importantly fresh ingredients. When his Dad sold the Pittsburgh bakery, Baur joined forces with Herbert Morris, an egg salesman, They had a fresh idea: individually wrapped snack cakes, baked and delivered fresh daily. On February 25, 1914 with $50,000 they raised from family members they founded Tasty Baking Company.
In 2011 Tasty Baking merged with Flowers Foods, one of the largest baking companies in the U.S., and it now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Flowers Foods. Joining with Flowers has allowed Tastykake to bring Philadelphia’s favorite snack cakes to retail stores around the country, introducing millions of Americans to one of Philadelphia’s best loved treats.
Now , On to the Tastykake Snowballs, they are , in my opinion the best snacks that I have ever had, I have tried a lot of snacks, cakes and Tastykake is the freshest, best tasting , they top all the other brands. The Snowballs are Moist chocolate cake with a delicious cream filling covered with coconut & marshmallow, are the perfect combination that make our Green ( St. Patty’s Day) snowball delights. These green dream cakes are so irresistible you can’t have just one, luckily they come in two’s. And Tastykake has so many other treats for us to try. They have Bars, Cupcakes, Chocolate Bars, Pies, Danish and Sweet Rolls, just to name a few. Their Prices are the best prices for snacks and treats.
Here are some fun Facts:
- It would take 14,080 Tastykake individual pies laid end to end to form a mile.
- To build a 3-foot wide sidewalk of Butterscotch Krimpets from Center City, Philadelphia to Atlantic City you would need 30,412,800 Krimpets.
- To completely cover the Philadelphia Flyers ice hockey rink (60’ x 200’), it would take 172,800 Tastykake Juniors.
- Tastykake’s oven is half the length, 150 feet long, of a regulation football field (300 ft).
- Tastykake began making donuts in 1985. Today they make more than 1.4 million everyday.
- Tastykake bakes 250,000 pies each day.
- Tastykake uses the equivalent of 40,000 bushels of apples each year.
- You could make almost 8 million peanut butter sandwiches with the same amount of peanut butter that is used in Kandy Kakes in a year.
- The top-selling item in the entire Tastykake line of products is Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes.
Now, On to the good facts, Where to buy your Tastykake Treats, Dollar General, Food City, Publix, Walgreens, CVS and more.
Socialize with Tastykake on Facebook, Twitter
Go to Tastykake Website and find out where you can buy the Best Snacks and Treat, you will ever eat.